Retrieving my Self-Confidence Through Acne Scar Removal


My mom always said to face my fears head on. It was not easy. I was always being picked on at school for having so many scars and acne. They called me polka dots and more. After a few months of getting bullied, I picked myself up and told myself this was enough. I could not take it anymore. I had to stand up and fight for myself.

I talked to my mom about my problems and concerns. I was very jittery at first, but then she had supported me all throughout. She even told me I should get the best acne treatment in Singapore. So, my aunt recommended a clinic that had a specialty in acne scar removal in Singapore. Of course, we had to double check the clinic, read reviews, and other recommendations. So far, the clinic my aunt offered was part of the most recommended clinics to go in nearly every website I checked. Experiencing the clinic’s services first hand, my aunt vouched for their professionalism and their precise and careful skills in treating your skin and most especially your face.

My mom made an appointment. By Monday morning, we arrived at the clinic. It was very clean and aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. The receptionist was also very enthusiastic with a pleasing personality and a warm smile. I find that important if you are going to be the first person the patients see. It says a lot about the clinic or any kind of establishment. This gives you a first impression of how the company, clinic, or establishment is being managed. We did not wait long. After talking to the receptionist, she checked for our appointment and gave us directions where to go. We were received by the doctor in time for our appointment.

The doctor was a woman so I felt more comfortable talking to her about my concerns regarding my face. It did not really matter if the doctor was a man. I just felt somewhat better since she may understand what I was going through being a teenage girl with all of these acnes. As I told her all of my observations regarding my acne breakout, she noted that since it has progressed to the stage where there are now numerous acne scars to be seen an acne laser treatment Singapore may be the best and cost-effective way to solve my problems. She has laid out other options if I was not comfortable with having the laser treatment. In the end, my mom and I decided to go with the doctor’s first advised treatment which was the laser treatment. She walked us through it along with the post-care regimen before making the final decision. She scheduled me to return a few days later for the procedure.

All throughout, the procedure was not taxing nor was it nerve-racking since the doctor explained to us what was going to happen step by step. The treatment went smoothly. I did not feel uneasy. The doctors and nurses worked with confidence with their skillful hands. I trust them. I was in safe hands.
After the treatment, the doctor made sure to point out everything I needed to do and look out for to prevent any negative side effects. Just as she promised, I saw results in my face. You would not believe the happiness I felt when I saw treatment taking effect. Overall, their clinic was clean, organized, and skilled. Their diagnoses and services are varied and not limited to minimal options. The doctors also help you decide the best route in accordance to your facial structure and finance.

Even though the people who bullied me have left a deep thorn on my self-confidence, they are also the ones who put me on a path to believe in myself and treat myself better. Going to the doctor for help was just the first step to solve my problem physically. Emotionally and physically, I got my mom to back me up and my best friend to remind me I am not alone nor am I a useless and unworthy person. This experience has taught me to always believe in myself in whatever situation I may be and never give others the satisfaction to believe otherwise.

Comments