Families Need Mom-Approved First Aid Kit


As a first-time mother, I always want to make sure that I have everything that I need to protect my baby. I made sure that I will always come prepared for any given circumstances, whether at home or on the road.

Two of my most favorite purchases is the first aid box for our home and the handy first aid kit for our travels that I both bought online.

Since my baby is just starting to become more mobile, I am aware that she might encounter a few accidents while she begins to explore her surroundings. Just the other day, she accidentally fell off the bed and scrapped her elbow on the edge.

Instead of panicking, I managed to stay calm and assess the damage. When I noticed that there is a little abrasion on her elbow, I picked her up and went straight to the bathroom to wash her wound. Then I took out the antiseptic care cream from the first aid box and apply a little on her elbow.

I decided to put a plaster to keep her from scratching her wound. Good thing all these items are included in the first aid contents that I purchased from a reliable pharmaceutical supply store online. With the help of these items, I was able to calm by crying baby and treat her wound without having to go to the hospital.

Meanwhile, I also proved that a travel-sized first aid kit is a must-have especially if you love to play outdoors.

One time, my husband and I took our baby to a park near our apartment. We placed a wide mat on the grass so our child can have a huge space to crawl and an area where we can chill and lie down.

But my husband accidentally stepped on a broken glass when he took off his sneakers. This caused him to have a small cut in between his toes. Good thing I bought our first aid kit for traveling, which allowed me to tend to his wounds immediately.

After cleaning his wound using an antiseptic wipe, I covered it with a wound pad and secured it with a Hand pore tape. This temporarily stopped his bleeding until we arrived at the hospital’s emergency room to have his cut stitched by a doctor.

If I do not have my travel first aid kit with me at that time, his wound may be exposed to a lot of germs before we can even reach the hospital. It would also be a messy car ride if I was not able to stop it from bleeding.

Both kits contain highly useful products that even non-medical practitioners can use in cases of emergency. Mothers like me can finally have our peace of mind since these kits come with all the items needed to care for minor injuries. My home kit even comes with a pair of scissors for cutting tapes and gauze pads.

For its price, I can say that my first aid kit purchases are a steal. I would gladly recommend it to all homemakers out there who want to make sure that everyone in their family are safe and protected.

Comments