Just like the rest of the body parts, the feet should always be taken good care of.
During your free time, aside from visiting the dentist, having a health check-up, or visiting your dermatologist, also try to invest your time in visiting your podiatrist. If you are not familiar on what a podiatrist is, a podiatrist is a person qualified to treat any illness or pain on the foot.
The many causes of foot aches could either be a broken ankle or foot, stress fractures, ingrown toenails, plantar warts, and a whole lot more.
Here is a list of what causes your feet to ache, and what you can do or what a foot clinic Singapore can offer you and your feet to heal in no time:
- The causes of having a broken ankle/foot are falling unintentionally, missed steps, or overdoing sports or stretching. In order to avoid or to treat a broken ankle or foot, the first step is to rest. Yes you may be the adventurous type of person, but there is no harm in resting because just like the rest of your body, your feet also get tired.
- Cold compress. Use cold packs for several times a day in order to beat the swelling of the foot. Remember to not apply the ace directly on your foot.
- Stress fractures are small cracks in a bone or bruising within the bone. Stress fractures usually happen when a person works too much. (such as exercising, running and jumping) Stress fractures can happen to anyone but athletes especially those who do track and field or any activities that involve running are more prone to experience this.
- The treatment of having a stress fracture is a lot similar to experiencing a broken foot or ankle. Do the RICE treatment which stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation.
- Having an ingrown toenail is a common condition and what causes this to happen could either be wearing socks or shoes that are too tight, having poor posture, dropping a heavy object on your toenail, or improper trimming of the toenails.
- In treating your ingrown toenail try soaking your foot in warm salt water for at least twice a day. This helps relieve the pain and can also lessen the swelling of your foot.
- Use an antibiotic ointment in order to avoid infections on the ingrown toenail.
- If the pain worsens, immediately have an appointment with your podiatrist.
- Plantar warts are skin growths caused by having an infection on top of the skin also called as the human papillomavirus (HPV).
- Plantar warts are not as serious as other foot aches such as having a broken bone. Plantar warts can be treated at home by using the right ointment, and by always keeping your feet dry and clean.
- But it is always best to have it medically checked by visiting the plantar warts removal in Singapore.
Do not forget to treat those tired feet! All kinds of foot aches (that are listed above and are not on the list) can be treated by a foot clinic in Singapore. They have all the services that your feet needs!